Corona virus is spreading and surrounding the whole world. In the time of utmost adversity, we are supposed to seek guidance from Allah’s given sources, the Quran and Sunnah. Apparently, there is no remedy or vaccine till to date, but in Islam, there is always and cure.
We will outline a few principles here in this article from the Holy Quran and Sunnah.
1. Firstly, it is obligatory upon every Muslim to have a firm belief in Allah in all good and bad situations, relying on Him as everything is in His control. As the Holy Quran in Surah Altagabun verse no 11 says: No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah. And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things. (11). So, all happenings are in the control of Allah S.W.T. Whatever He wills prevail and what He doesn’t that never happen and He is the only Safeguard. Another verse no 17 in Surah Al-Ahzan says: Say, “Who is it that can protect you from Allah if He intends for you an ill or intends for you a mercy? And they will not find for themselves besides Allah any protector or any helper”. (17)
Same way in the Hadith: On the authority of Ibn Abbas, he said that I was behind the Messenger of God, Mohamed peace be upon him one day, he said:
« know that if the nation gathers together to benefit you with something not benefited for you by Allah, they would not benefit you, even if they would try to harm you by anything not written harmful to you by Allah, they would not cause any harm, God has raised the pens and dried up the papers of destiny ». Al-Tirmidhi narrated (Translated from Arabic as understood)
In the light of the above verses and Hadith, it is clear that all good and bad can cause benefit and harm with the will of Allah S.W.T. We must trust to Allah and have a firm hope from him for safety and cure in this situation.
2. Secondly, as Muslims, we are supposed to stick to the orders of Allah and His prophet PBUH in our lives. We must be practicing Muslims. It is the only way to avoid bad and harmful things from life. In Hadith Prophet was advising one of the companions: “Take care of Allah’s Ahkam, he will protect you”, it is the best advice. If some calamity falls on us and we remain patient, we will be rewarded and we will be evaluated in grads in the eyes of Allah S.W.T
3. Thirdly, Islam urges to seek medication and cures in the material words as well. It includes both (1) PRECAUTIONS and (2) MEDICATION as well. In hadith, Prophet PBUM said: Any person eats seven Ajwa dates in morning will not be affected by poison and magic in that day. Also, there is a dua in Hadith if you recite in the morning you will be protected from all evils and bad things.
The Dua is in green letters. If you need to read and learn it you can contact us and we will help you repeat it and recite it.
4. Fourthly, we must not cause to spread any news that is not authentic. We should be hopeful and spread hope and advice the patience in this hard time.
5. Fifthly, this world is a test for Muslim and Allah S.W.T has said that He will test us by all means of losses as in Surah Al-baqarah: And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, (155) Who, when disaster strikes them, say, “Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return.” (156). He tests us to see our dependence on Him, our needs and weakness depend on Him only and He pleases once we bow before Him for our weaknesses. That’s why we are tested with a Virus or disease we must be patient and hopeful of the good reward from him.
TarteeleQuran and all of its team pray for the eradication of this deadly virus from the whole world. May Allah forgive our sins and grant us his blessings and protect us from the diseases. Ameen